The investigation is based on a complaint filed by AAVN, Inc., of Richardson, Texas. The complaint alleges violations of section 337 of the Tariff Act of 1930 in the importation into the United States and sale of certain woven textile fabrics and products containing same that infringe a patent asserted by AAVN or are the subject of false and misleading advertising. The complainant requests that the USITC issue a general exclusion order, or, alternatively, a limited exclusion order, and a cease and desist order.
The USITC has identified the following as respondents in this investigation:
- AQ Textiles, LLC, of Greensboro, NC;
- Creative Textile Mills Pvt. Ltd. of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India;
- Indo Count Industries Ltd. of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India;
- Indo Count Global, Inc., of New York, NY;
- GHCL Ltd. of Pradesh, India;
- Grace Home Fashions LLC of New York, NY;
- E & E Company, Ltd., of Thane, Maharashtra, India;
- E & E Company, Ltd., d/b/a JLA Home, of Fremont, CA;
- Welspun Global Brands Ltd. of Gujarat, India;
- Welspun USA Inc. of New York, NY;
- Elite Home Products, Inc., of Saddle Brook, NJ;
- Pradip Overseas Ltd. of Ahmedabad, India;
- Pacific Coast Textiles, Inc., of Garden Grove, CA;
- Amrapur Overseas, Inc., of Garden Grove, CA; and
- Westport Linens, Inc., of New York, NY.
Watch Textiles and Trade for a more detailed analysis of this action in the coming days.