The AATCC Foundation’s Varley Family Textile Technology Scholarship is a $7,500 per year scholarship that supports students pursuing a career or performing coursework in textile engineering, textile chemistry, textile science or a related discipline. Recipients are eligible to receive one half of the award for the fall semester, and one half for the spring semester.
An undergraduate college student enrolled (with intended career goals) in the field(s) of textile engineering, textile chemistry, textile science, or a related discipline, at either the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) or Cornell University College of Human Ecology is eligible for this scholarship.
Selections will be based on the following criteria:
- Enrollment at FIT or Cornell in one of the required disciplines
- SAT/ ACT scores or college/university GPA
- Demonstrated leadership skills in high school, college, and/or the community
- Financial need
- Work experience
Those who satisfy the above criteria are invited to submit a completed Scholarship Application Form
Applications are considered complete if they include the following:
- Resume or letter of work experience (including internships)
- Personal statement of 500 words or less, freely expressing interest in textile or related field, academic and professional aspirations, financial need and expectations, with particular emphasis on intended career following graduation
- Letter of support from teacher or faculty
- Copy of college transcripts
Applications are due to AATCC by FEBRUARY 15. Applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decision by May 30.