While we're on the topic of Federal holidays, here's the list for 2015:
- Thursday, January 1 New Year’s Day,
- Monday, January 19 Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.,
- Monday, February 16 Washington’s Birthday,
- Monday, May 25 Memorial Day,
- Friday, July 3 Independence Day,
- Monday, September 7 Labor Day,
- Monday, October 12 Columbus Day,
- November 11 Veterans Day,
- November 26 Thanksgiving Day, and
- December 25 Christmas Day.
On those days Federal, State, and local government offices will be closed. In the United States most private business also close on most the Federal holidays (you may find some private business open on the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr., Washington's Birthday, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day).