The U.S. International Trade Commission began accepting petitions for duty suspensions and reductions on October 14, 2016. Petitions will be accepted through Deceber 12, 2016. By January 11, 2017, the public comment period will open. Comments will be accepted for 45 calendar days.
As of noon, Friday, October 21, 2016, 167 petitions had been filed Among the petitions are ones relating to:
- #126, Certain Polyester/Nylon woven fabric (HTSUS 5407.72.00),
- #129, Certain Neoprene wading socks (HTSUS 6115.96.90),
- #130, Certain Neoprene guard socks (HTSUS 6117.80.95),
- #132, Certain Structured pocket pouch for fishing waders (HTSUS 6117.90.90), and
- #160, Certain Elastic Fabric: 100% Polyester, water-repellent (HTSUS 5407.53.20).
Agathon Associates can assist U.S. manufacturers and importers in filing petitions or filing objections to petitions.